Kisumu Deputy Governor launches Girls on the Move internship programme
Honourable Deputy Governor of Kisumu County, Dr Mathew Ochieng Owili, represented the County Governor at the launch of the Girls on the Move internship programme in Kisumu, Kenya. He addressed the meeting which included representatives of local businesses and other organisations that are participating in the programme, and interns who are enrolled in the scheme.
The Deputy Governor is pictured above with representatives of the various organisations. From left to right, they are:
- Honourable Caroline Awuor Agwanda, Advisor to Kisumu County Governor on Youth/Women & PLWD
- Mr Habre Aser, Branch Manager Kisumu, Mission for Essential Drugs Supplies (MEDS)
- Ms Lilian Mainye, HR, Acacia Premier Hotel
- Mrs Pamela Steele, CEO, Pamela Steele Associates
- Honourable Deputy Governor Kisumu County, Dr Mathew Ochieng Owili
- Mr Hannington Nyamundhe, Financial Director, Balmoral Beach Hotel
- Mr Fredrick Odhiambo Oluoch, Director of Public Health and Sanitation Kisumu County
- Ms Nancy Omamo, HR Assistant, Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
- Ms Brenda Awuor, HR, Ciala Resort
The 8-month internship programme has accepted 30 girls who will be stationed with the participating organisations in Kisumu County. The programme seeks to empower young women by giving them work experience in supply chain roles in various sectors. It is funded by the Reproductive Health Supply Chain (RHSC) and is being implemented by Pamela Steele Associates.