Pamela Steele Associates (PSA) is a woman-owned and led niche management consultancy with a mission to ensure that no patient in low- and middle-income countries suffers due to lack of essential medicine. We specialise in Supply Chain Transformation for the public health sector through consultancy, research and training.
PSA was founded in 2013 by Pamela Steele. Its headquarters were relocated to Nairobi, Kenya, in 2022.
We provide sustainable solutions for the development of the in-country capacity of individuals and organisations to reduce dependency on external support. Working with governments, International Non-Governmental Organisations and the United Nations, we research, train and provide consultancy, deploying technical specialists to transform health and humanitarian supply chains in collaboration with client teams.
At PSA, we are committed to excellence in all we do – for our colleagues and our communities, and for our clients and, ultimately, for the patients who benefit from our work. Our collaborative culture transcends organisational and geographic boundaries.
PSA is accredited by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education as a Short Course Provider.
Our mission is to facilitate Health Supply Chain Transformation in low- and middle-income countries so that no patient suffers due to a lack of essential medicine and to reduce government dependency on external technical support.
- To make a demonstrable impact on people’s lives by transforming Health Supply Chains;
- To be acknowledged as a provider of professional excellence in the Health Supply Chain sector;
- To be a dependable, lean, ‘fit-for-purpose’ small business partner providing innovative solutions to the sector;
- To build alliances with exceptional organisations and people in order to provide high-quality and cost-effective solutions;
- To provide a fair income for all our employees and to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Humanitarian: We work for the alleviation of suffering.
- Ethical: We work with integrity.
- Service-driven: We use our professional expertise to meet our clients’ needs.
- Pragmatic: We apply general principles and frameworks, but we listen and adapt to the differing needs of our clients.
- Innovative: We seek to learn and apply new ideas and embrace new technologies.
- Collaborative: We collaborate with partners, clients and service providers for mutual benefit and support to create a strong team.
- Respectful: Understanding local culture is important for effective change, so we work with local partners who are familiar with the context.