Young female graduates invited to apply to the Girls on the Move Internship Programme
This is a call for applications to the Girls on the Move internship programme for outstanding young female supply chain graduates in Kisumu, Kenya. The pilot programme is a bold new venture that will open the world of supply chain management to girls in Kenya and beyond.
Health and humanitarian supply chains need a diverse workforce that understands and caters for the complex needs and aspirations of everyone, regardless of their gender. Today, there is an urgent need to increase the number of women in logistics so that women’s needs are better served. The Girls on the Move programme will introduce 30 young women to career opportunities in the supply chain sector in Kenya.
Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC), and Pamela Steele Associates (PSA) will implement a 12-month pilot programme in Kisumu, Kenya. The programmewill undertake the following:
- Design an internship/work placement program for recent female graduates
- Equip programme participants with the skills and training needed for successful work placement
- Frame an initiative to scale up the Girls on the Move programme model into other Kenyan counties and possibly other countries.
Participants will receive an eight-month placement in public- or private-sector agencies, such as aid organisations, commercial airlines, logistics companies, banks, and hospitals.
Programme Sponsor: Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition
Programme Implementor: Pamela Steele Associates Ltd
Number of Awards: 30
Study Level: Diploma and or degree level
Duration: 8 months
To be eligible for the Girls on the Move Programme, applicants must ensure to meet the following requirements:
- Unemployed female candidates only
- A resident of Kisumu County
- Aged between 18 to 29 years
- Should be fresh graduates from the years 2015-2019 and 2020-2021
- A diploma or degree holder in supply chain or any of the functions (Procurement, Warehousing, Transport & Distribution) from a university or Technical, Vocational, Educational, Training (TVET) institution
- Has not benefitted from similar assistance
- Committed to the project objectives and conditions
- Available on 1st July to dedicate 8 months to the programme
- The programme will cover expenses related to travel to and from work and lunch.
- Bi-monthly skills development by PSA on human skills and logistics and supply chain application or any gaps based on employer feedback
- Monthly /Bi-Monthly Mentoring
- Networking with your peers
- Gain work experience.
Interested applicants for the programme to complete an online application form here https://bit.ly/3Nyoi03 or if you don’t have Internet access then visit us at:
Pamela Steele Associates Ltd
Mega Plaza A, 6th Floor
Oginga Odinga Rd
P O Box 2501-40100
any Tuesday or Thursday at 15.00 pm. Applications close on 10th June 2022.
If you have any queries, contact us at email@example.com.